Friday, June 20, 2014

‘Sherlock’s Louise Brealey Joins ‘Ripper Street’

ANGLOPHENIA
By Fraser McAlpine | Posted on June 20th, 2014



Louise Brealey, who plays the put-upon pathologist Molly Hooper in Sherlock, has been cast in the third season of Ripper Street as Dr. Amelia Frayn, who takes her place in a very specific moment in the advancement of medical science:

She told Radio Times: “I’m playing one of the first women doctors. I’m really excited because I did history at university and I love a bit of research. Elizabeth Garrett Anderson blazed the trail in the 1870s and in the intervening decade or so a few extremely intrepid and unusual women started learning to be doctors themselves.”



Her character runs a clinic in Whitechapel, which means her costume is very different to that of her female co-stars: “I’m dressed very soberly and the other girls are all so ravishing. I’m like a little Jenny Wren. Literally, where are my pretty feathers?!”

She also revealed a particular bond with her co-star, Matthew Macfadyen. “He’s so nice. Just lovely, funny and very kind. His family is from Northamptonshire, which is where I’m from, so we’ve had a Rose of the Shires bond.”

READ MORE HERE: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/06/sherlocks-louise-brealey-joins-ripper-street/

No comments: