Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Eddie Redmayne Disturbed By Benedict Cumberbatch Comparisons

DESIGN AND TREND
Peter Black , Design & Trend Staff Writer
Oct, 29, 2014, 01:33 PM
peter.black@designntrend.com


Eddie Redmayne, the freckled faced Brit who plays Stephen Hawking in "The Theory of Everything," is worried that he might have to compete with Benedict Cumberbatch, the otter faced Brit who plays Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game," when awards season arrives.

"I totally see why people are (comparing us), because of the subject matter; we both play geniuses. But I won't be engaged in that," Redmayne told Variety. "I think he's the most beautiful actor. I've long admired his work, and continue to do so. I hope there's room for both our films."



"There was this hilarious moment when we were shooting a scene at Harrow School," Redmayne continued. "There was a wooden board with names engraved on it, and by my head was 'B. Cumberbatch.' I'm like, 'Dude, you're haunting me!' I took a selfie of me dressed as Stephen and sent it to Ben."

Despite his starring role in "Theory of Everything," Redmayne insists he's "not a movie star."

"A movie star is someone who has to open a film to gazillions of dollars," the 32-year-old actor, who has had parts in "Les Miserables," and "The Good Shepard," said. "I'm just trying to pay my mortgage."


READ MORE HERE: http://www.designntrend.com/articles/23484/20141029/eddie-redmayne-disturbed-benedict-cumberbatch-comparisons.htm

1 comment:

Addi said...

The comparisons aren't about both playing geniuses. They are also about Benedict Cumberbatch having already played Hawking and some of the early portions of The Theory of Everything seem to have followed the first film almost exactly.