Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tom Hiddleston THE AVENGERS Set Visit Interview by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub Posted:April 2nd, 2012 at 8:56 am


A movie is only as good as its villain, which explains how so many grand ideas turn into terrible motion pictures.

It also explains why Thor is such a great film. While Chris Hemsworth was a perfect Thor, I’d argue that Tom Hiddleston was even better as Loki. I think Hiddleston steals Kenneth Branagh‘s movie, and he’s one of the best onscreen villains we’ve seen in a long time.

So when I first heard that Loki was the main villain in Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers, I was very confident the film was headed in the right direction. When I got to visit the set of The Avengers last year with a few other reporters, Hiddleston talked to us about collaborating with Whedon, how Loki differs in this film compared to Thor, what the character’s goals are, if we’ll see more of his powers, and so much more.

Question: When you were on the set of Thor you already knew that you were going to be a part of this movie. How does it feel like to finally be on the set of The Avengers?

TOM HIDDLESTON: It’s pretty spectacular. It’s a funny one because I really am a piece of a huge jigsaw puzzle that Kevin Feige is in charge of. I suspected that I might be in The Avengers, but I didn’t know in what way, in what capacity, to what extent, or how big my role was going to be really until I read a draft that Joss Whedon had written, printed, and sent out in February or March of this year. But it feels great, honestly. It is so exciting. It is so rare as an actor to be allowed the chance to revisit a role and to go back to a character that you already built, and lived inside, and understood. To take it further to another stage is a huge privilege.


READ MORE:  http://collider.com/the-avengers-tom-hiddleston-interview/155958/


No comments: