Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tom Hiddleston wants to work with Daniel Day-Lewis



Speaking to BANG Showbiz at the South Bank Sky Arts Awards 2013, where he picked up the Times Breakthrough Award, Tom said: ''I'd love to have a chance, even a chance, of trying to work with Daniel Day-Lewis because I admire him so much. I am so intrigued. He's always inspired me.

''Just the commitment he takes on every time he chooses to work and kind of what he chooses. You can always see this. He gives 110%.''

The 31-year-old actor - whose CV includes 'War Horse' and 'The Hollow Crown' - once had the chance to meet his idol and ruined the moment by ''gushing'' about how much he loved his work.

He reminisced: ''I met him once, a couple of years ago. It was long before I'd made a film and I was working in theatre and I happened to be somebody's plus one [to an event]. I stopped him on the stairs as I had to tell him he's one of the greatest things; being an actor.

''He said, in his beautiful English/Irish [accent], 'Thank you so much, it means a lot, thank you so much'. It was basically me gushing about how much I loved 'In the Name of the Father' and 'The Last of the Mohicans'.''

READ MORE: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/tom-hiddleston-wants-to-work-with-daniel-day-lewis_3562170

No comments: