Monday, March 3, 2014

'X-Men Days Of Future Past' Plot Spoilers: James McAvoy Faces Future Self! 'Filth' Star Needs A Reason To Go Bald!

KPOP STARZ
By Staff Writer | March 03, 2014 12:26 PM EST



"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" lives up to its perplexing name. The time travel reference is obvious, and of course there would be a meeting of past and future selves-but only for Charles Xavier, aka Professor X.

James McAvoy was introduced as the younger version of Charles Xavier in "X-Men: First Class." However, as director Bryan Singer takes over, he brings the whole gang-perhaps for some closure before the torch is finally passed. But for McAvoy, the role comes full circle, as he winds up face-to-face with his future self, played by Patrick Stewart.

McAvoy spoke to Collider on their set visit to share his thoughts on the experience:

"It's great to do a scene with Patrick Stewart, I would imagine.



McAvoy: Yeah.

It's weird, I also would imagine, to do a scene with Patrick Stewart where you're the same character.

McAvoy: Kinda, yeah. But we're very different interpretations of that character, by nature of the fact that we're very different times in that character's life.  With me and him, it's different, because we're at very different times in his life. And also, it's weird, because when I took over the role of Charles, I never thought that I'd be working with him. I never thought I'd give a similar performance to him. I certainly never thought that I'd be giving a very different performance to him to his face. Kind of going like, "Yo, what you got, man? Show me your big nose! We've got big noses together!" There's like a profile shot with both our noses together. Conk to conk. I think he wins slightly, but they tell me that your nose grows with age, so by the time I'm his age I think I'll be knocking the shit out of it in the nose wars."

READ MORE HERE: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/81964/20140303/x-men-days-future-past-plot-spoilers-james-mcavoy.htm



No comments: