Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Keeley Hawes: Who Are ‘The Durrells In Corfu’? Everything You Need To Know Before Season 2

Decider
By Meghan O'Keefe  @megsokay
Oct 13, 2017 at 3:00pm




I’ve been looking forward to this Sunday for weeks because it’s the Sunday that The Durrells in Corfu Season 2 debuts on PBS. I love The Durrells in Corfu with all my heart and soul — even if my co-workers tease me that when I say its name aloud I sound like I’m gargling salt water. After I binge-watched the whole first season earlier this year, I started telling everyone I could that it’s like Masterpiece‘s version of a smart, heart-warming sitcom like Parks and Recreation.

That’s not as bold a statement as it sounds. Like Parks and Recreation, The Durrells in Corfu is about a central ensemble cast of misfitted people. In this case, though, they aren’t co-workers; They’re family. And as in Parks and Recreation, the action all takes place in a quirky town full of outrageous characters. The “town” in question is the Greek isle of Corfu. The basic gist of the show is this: Harried widow Louisa Durrell (Keeley Hawes) decides to take her four struggling children to Corfu, where the weather’s beautiful and everything is cheap.

Season One saw the family overcoming poverty, language barriers, heartache, and a slapdash appendectomy with lots of wit (and even more wild animals). The first season is just six episodes long, each under an hour in length, and you can binge it on Prime Video ahead of the season season premiere on Sunday, October 15th. But if you don’t have time to catch up, here’s your quick guide to the Durrells themselves.

***WARNING: Spoilers for Season One of The Durrells in Corfu Ahead***


https://decider.com/2017/10/13/who-are-the-durrells-in-corfu-tktk/






No comments: