Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch is cyberstalked (THE TELEGRAPH)



By Tim Walker7:30AM GMT 13 Mar 2013

It is a crime that would have been beyond the ken of even the modern-day Sherlock Holmes that he portrays on screen: cyberstalking.

Benedict Cumberbatch admits that he was sufficiently unnerved when one of his neighbours started to document his actions in his own home in real time on a social networking site this week that he felt he had no alternative but to call in the police.

“I would say that it was the strangest fan experience that I’ve ever had,” Cumberbatch tells Mandrake. “I had someone live tweeting my movements while I was in my own house.

“It was such a strange and a direct thing to see these tweets saying what I was doing as I was doing them. I found it really worrying, and, yes, of course, very hard to deal with. I worked out after a while who it was who was doing it so, when it came to it, I didn’t actually call in the police, but I was prepared to do so.


READ MORE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9925578/Sherlock-star-Benedict-Cumberbatch-is-cyberstalked.html

No comments: