Monday, April 29, 2013

Benedict Cumberbatch reveals carjack scarring (ENTERTAINMENT IE.)



Benedict Cumberbatch is scarred from his carjacking horror.

The actor was in South Africa filming TV series 'To the Ends of the Earth' in 2000 when he and two co-stars were carjacked and held hostage in the execution position with a duvet over their heads.

They were eventually released in the night and managed to escape to find help at a truck stop shop - but he still bears the scars from the trauma.

Talking to the Mail on Sunday newspaper's Event magazine, e said: ''[When we were held captive] I had this realisation that it doesn't matter how loved you are in your life, you die on your own.

''I've still got a scar [on my inner wrist] from where I was tied up. It was terrifying. The next morning I woke up as a free man with the sun on my face and I cried. I thought I'd never feel his warmth again.''

Five years later, the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' star again found himself in a horrifying situation, travelling by bus into London on the day of the 7/7 bombings, a series of suicide bomb attacks attempted across the city on public transport.

He revealed: ''Everyone on my bus was in a state of panic. They had heard about the bomb on the other bus across London in Tavistock Square and started running over each other.

VIA SCOOP IT!


READ MORE: http://entertainment.ie/celebrity-gossip/showbiz/Benedict-Cumberbatch-reveals-carjack-scarring/180788.htm

No comments: